Young Researcher's Forum
The following contributions have been accepted into the DAGM Young Researcher's Forum 2012:
- Stephanie Behrens, University of Magdeburg: Automatic level set based cerebral vessel segmentation and bone removal in CT angiography data sets [PDF]
- Pascal Peter, Saarland University: Three-Dimensional Data Compression with Anisotropic Diffusion [PDF]
- Timo Scharwächter, Daimler AG: Stixel-Based Target Existence Estimation under Adverse Conditions [PDF]
Call for Contributions
As part of this year's DAGM-OAGM Symposium 2012 in Graz, DAGM again hosts a Young Researcher’s Forum (YRF) dedicated to the presentation of outstanding achievements during Bachelor-, Masters or Diploma studies, or during the first year after graduation. The forum provides an opportunity for young scientists to give an early presentation of their research work.
Young researchers are encouraged to submit papers for selection to the Young Researcher’s Forum. If selected, the work will be published in the DAGM-OAGM 2012 conference proceedings and presented at a poster session. In addition, the selected participants will receive free admission to DAGM-OAGM 2012.
Requirements for submission to YRF:
- Participation is allowed for Bachelor, Master, and Diploma students and young researchers that have graduated from their studies in Germany, Austria or Switzerland after April 30th, 2011.
- Submission deadline: May 13, 2012
- Submission are of up to 6 pages in Springer LNCS style and must be written by a single author. In contrast to standard DAGM-OAGM submissions the YRF submissions are reviewed single blind (i.e. contributions are not anonymized), and we do not require a full payed registration to include selected papers in the proceedings.
- Submission must be recommended by the thesis supervisor (Professor) in a separate statement. In addition, the name of the recommending supervisor must be added in a footnote on the first page of the submission (Text: recommended for submission to YRF2012 by ...)
Submissions to the YRF are not submitted via the DAGM-OAGM 2012 CMT system. Papers should be sent as email-attachment to email@example.com